There are so many things to observe in the Sanctuary both large and impressive and tiny yet extraordinary.
Sanctuary walking tracks vary from established and easy to more demanding (yet very rewarding). Our knowledgeable Visitor Centre volunteers will help you decide on where to go depending on how long you have and your fitness level.
Before you enter the Sanctuary you’ll pass through our Visitors Centre. The helpful volunteers can advise you as to the best walks to suit your interests and level of fitness.
- Walk the accessible-friendly short walk Lower Valley Loop Track
- 1909 bridge
- Carters Creek – enjoy the transition from regenerating bush to pristine beech forest
- Brook stream weirs and waterfalls
- Enjoy the bird song
- Peer into the weta hotels
- Carry out your own bird monitoring – look and listen for different birds over intervals of 5 minutes (the outdoor education classroom is an ideal place for this)